|Attention there are new requirements for the Scholarships to be
awarded in 2016
Four year scholarships of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) per year will be awarded to deserving Texas
Students. To be eligible a student must meet the following requirements:
1. Applicant must be a Texas resident.
2. New The applicant must have shot ATA registered targets for the last 3 years with a
1,000 targets shot. At least 500 of the 1,000 required must be ATA registered targets. The
remainder may be
4-H targets shot at District or State shoots.
3. Applicant must have at least “B” Average overall in high school.
4. Applicant must have at least a “B” Average in citizenship.
5. Applicant must submit to the selection committee at least three (3) letters of recommendation from
teachers, principal, or other community leaders, one of which must be an active TTA shooter, who is familiar
with the financial circumstance of the applicant.
6. Applicant must submit a resume of his or her qualifications on or before June 15 to be considered for
the subsequent fall semester.
7. Applicants must meet with the trustees for a personal interview.
The recipient of each scholarship must meet the following requirements to continue receiving the scholarship.
1. Recipient must carry a minimum of twelve (12) hours per semester.
2. Recipient must maintain a minimum of 2.5 overall grade point average.
3. New The recipient must shoot at least 500 ATA registered targets each year.
4. Recipient must submit a copy of his or her grades each semester to the chairman of the selection
committee. Selection of the recipient of this scholarship will not be based on the applicant’s ability to shoot,
but consideration may be given to the applicant's ability to meet financial obligations incurred in obtaining a
college education. Funds will be disbursed to each recipient prior to the start of each semester. There will be a
maximum of four (4) recipients in the program at any time. The Trustees of the Scholarship program may
select 2 recipients at any time at their discretion, and may select alternate candidates to be recipients in the
case of a student becoming ineligible at a later time. All money from the Scholarship Lewis and Memorials are
to be mailed to Jerry O'Connor at the address below. Your Board of Directors, in hopes of promoting the
future of trapshooting through the education of our young shooters, urges you to participate in the purse and
help ensure the continuation of the sport we all love.
|For further info:
800 Baltimore Dr.
Hereford, TX 79045
Applications must be mailed to Jerry at the above
address and to all other
trustee at the addresses below:
Roger Cox - 2821 Crockett, Amarillo TX 79109
Mike Turner - 1017 Hodgins Rd., Van Alstyne TX 75495
Drew Fryman - 10008 Orion Dr., Temple, TX 76502
Jeff Webb - 4117 Ryan Lane, Richardson, TX 75082